Thursday 3 May 2007

Update

I thought I would just update everyone of my progress at this point in the build as some more parts arrived today. The parts were some felts for the strap buttons. They were meant to arrive with all the other parts but was accidently forgotten. WD music were really good and sent it next day which was much appreciated.

Anyway... At the mo I have pretty much finished the neck and head but i still am going to give it a few more coats to shine it up some more. I read somewhere that brasso is also good for getting a good shine so i might try that.

The body has colour on everyside except the top as i wanted to stain it balck like a prs grey custom. Unfortunatly the top on my kit had a line on it which i tried to remove with the sander but the venneer was soooo thin i went straight through it! bugger! I considered what i could do about it and these were the options:
1) do the top in a solid colour (super glossy black i think)
2) stain the top as planned and cross my fingers
3) stain the top and do a solid 'burst' around the edges to hide the patch-ive not seen a guitar done like this so it may look rubish
4) try and cover it with a graphic of some kind-only prob is it is in a weird place on the guitar and right on an edge

Ill have to think this over some more

I still also have to:
1)get the screws for the neck plate or buy a new neck plate
2)treat the fret board
3) come up with some graphics-i have ben researching modern tatoo style art which i could put on water slide transfer paper like what is used for model planes etc
4)re-wet and dry the body and give it some more colour and lacquer coats
5)on the neck lightly wet and dry and re lacquer


At the mo I have put all the parts on so i can judge how its looking and if it needs anything else. Im think all white graphics.

No comments: