Tuesday 1 May 2007

Painting




1)First I sanded the headstock back to wood by hand so I didnt lose the contours of the neck. I used a really rough to start with and once I had removed the sanding sealer I used really fine wet and dry.

2)Next I masked the sides as I only wanted the top black and the rest blonde. I deliberatly left about a 5mm gap all round so that the spray paint would go over the sides slightly.

3) I bought a can of Halfords grey car primer and sprayed on two coats.

4) I then lightly sanded this with the fine wet and dry paper.

5) I then sprayed on the black (also halfords but this time gloss). I then gave it another coat before sanding with wet and dry.

6) Once I had sufficeint layers of black and it was even I removed the masking tape.

7) Using a new craft knife I scraped the 5mm over hang at the edges so that it was flush with the top.

8) I also re-sanded the sides to make sure they were clean from paint.

9) I the sprayed 1 coat of gloss lacquer (again halfords car paint)and wet and dry again

10) another coat of lacquer

11) clear lacquer the rest fo the neck.

..and hey presto!!!!!!!

No comments: