Tuesday 1 May 2007

The head stock

At the weekend I returned to my parents where I could blag the electric sander and begin work on the headstock. The frst thing I did was to buy new paper for the electric sander, a pack of assorted wet and dry paper, a curved file and some spray paint.

the first task was to design the headstock shape. I got a pencil and drew striaght onto the wood. i spent about an hour trying to get it just right. I decided upon a curve simular to a real PRS but as the sides of the head are different my curve had to be different too. I didnt really want a straight copy anyway.

Next i got a coping saw out and cut along the line I had drawn. I lightly sanded it and then attacked it with the file (curve side) as I wanted a more 3d shape.

Next to painting!!!!!!! hoorah!

No comments: