Monday 23 April 2007

Introduction

For ages and ages now I have been obsessed with guitars. I am not a brilliant guitarist but i make up for my lack of skill with enthusiasm!

The truth is I am probabily more interested in the guitars themselves. I am currently training to be an architect and so I have an interest in how things are put together and the design of objects. This in combination with playing the guiatr led me to deciding I would like to make one.

I heard about guitar kits ages ago when I was reading a guiat mag and decided to look up some parts that i had seen advertised just for the sake of it. I thought it sounded like a brilliant idea especially as I did not have a workshop to cut all the wood etc. Though I would love to do that aswell.

I searced the net for ages trying to find these kits-but with no luck. Instead I resorted to buying a guitar building book by Melvyn Hiscock to see how much would actually be involved if I were to make one from nothing. The answer is alot! Gutted!

Eventually I stumbled across 'the music king' website that were taking back orders so i jumped at the chance. Incidentally I also found they were the cheapest that I could find in the uk for the same kits.

I was a bit worried it would take ages to arive but I was surprised today to have a nice big box in my lounge! Impressed! So to encourage others and to maybe help others by learning from my mistakes i decided upon blogging my progress.

And thus begin'th the blog.....

No comments: