Monday 23 April 2007

The dry run




As many people on the net have advised-I have decided to put the guitar together to test it out. Nothing to do with the fact that I wont have chance to work on it for at least a fortnight and Im too much of a big kid.

I also wanted to make sure all the parts fit, arent damaged and that I have them all. I thought this was wise as the little plastic bags that contained the parts in the box had ripped so the parts were loose.

I began by laying out the parts on the floor. I layed the bushings for the machineheads next to each one and all the relevant screws next to each part. Luckily all the major components were there but I was missing several screws. To determine which ones went where I assembled the guitar as far as I could.

I ended up missing all the screws (3) for the truss rod cover, one for the back plate to the control cavity, and all of the screws(4)for the neck plate-making the assembly a little hard to do!

I did slot the neck in and it is a tight fit. All the parts fit fine with exception of the cavity cover which is too big. That will be easily resolved as it is just a thin piece of acrylic which i can sand down or re-cut once I have applied all the paint.

No comments: